YOU FOUND IT !!! My FAVORITE season.....
I just LOVE Autumn!!
It may be because of growing up in Florida...autumn meant
cooler temperatures! But I've always loved the fall colors,
the smell of cinnamon and apple cider, the pumpkins and scarecrows
and sheaves of grain and Indian corn...the particularly vibrant
blue of an autumn sky.... And to culminate the beautiful
season by giving THANKS to GOD for all He has provided.... It
really is a wonderful time of year!
Our Autumn Pages...
Visit our Back to SCHOOL page!
I will never forget what happened
September 11th, 2001.
If you would like to see our memorial page,
Please click HERE,
Or read A Letter to My Fellow Americans.
And God, Bless America...please....
Note of interest...
You did not see anything "scary" here or--in the fall--on our index page, did you?
You do not see goblins, witches, vampires, jack-o-lanterns...didn't hear creaks and groans and howling and cackling....
Glad you asked *_*
I do not desire to bring glory to Satan, witchcraft, or
anything demonic just because it is a High Day for him the last
day of October. Want to see what I do?
Click HERE *_*
Want to see why we don't do what we don't do?
We've had a wonderful time doing this each October 31st since 2000, and all TO THE
GLORY OF GOD!!!!!
And for those who miss the "fear factor":
Fear None But GOD
Fear THIS.... a Bible study on what God says about Hell and the Lake of Fire.... (created 9/2006).
Daniel received this at work...just thought I'd share *_*
For those interested in Navy history, October is an important
month. Not only is it the beginning of our fiscal year--or as
some of our educamentated shipmates will say: physical year--it
1) Oct 13th The recognized birthday of the world's most powerful naval force. Yes! The UNITED STATES NAVY. Also Columbus Day. When Chris Columbus
discovered Columbus, Ohio. :~)
2) Oct 27th Not to be confused, but it is NAVY DAY. Here is an idea...a Navy birthday cake. It only happens once a year. Let's have some fun with it.
3) Oct 12th Tragically, The USS COLE was attacked by terrorists on this date in 2000.
4) Oct 23rd Terrorists attacked the Marine Barracks in Beirut, killing a friend of mine. That year was 1983.
I think it is important to remember those dates to help us understand why we are in the Persian Gulf.
5) Oct ??th For our shipmates of the Orthodox Jewish faith, Yom Kippur begins at sunset. A day of fasting and a day of atonement. (in September this year!)
6) Oct 16th National Bosses Day. National Bosses Day? Send a card.
7) Oct 9th The 1950 invasion of North Korea.
8) Oct 20th Korean War's first Airborne Operation.
9) Oct 23rd In 1944 our Navy began the Battle for Leyte Gulf.
10) Oct 31st Not only is it All Hallow's Eve, but in Vietnam Operation Rolling Thunder ended. That was 1968.
11) Oct 25th 1983 in Panama, Operation Urgent Fury began.
12) Oct ??th Don't forget that Daylight Savings Time ends. Set your clock BACK one hour at 0200 hrs. Last year I set my alarm for 2 am, civilian time, woke up and set my clock back one hour - as instructed. An hour later it went off, I set it back an hour. An hour later it went off again and I set my clock back one hour. This went on until the sun came up! I was exhausted and it was still 1 am. Do we really need Daylight Savings Time? (In November this year!)
Enjoy October; and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, USN!
Our Family's Autumnal events:
9/3 Chuck's Birthday!
9/4 Sandy's Birthday!
9/11 Don & Sandy's Wedding Anniversary!
9/23 Betsy's Birthday!
9/28 Jennifer's Birthday!
9/29 Kayla's Birthday!
10/1 MadeLynn's Birthday!
10/6 Matthew's Birthday!
11/6 Andrew's Birthday!
11/12 Donnie's Birthday!
11/15 MacKenzie's Birthday!
11/18 Daniel & Jennifer's Wedding Anniversary!
11/29 Justin's Birthday!
"The Trouble Tree"
The carpenter I hired to help me restore an old farmhouse
had just finished a rough first day on the job.
A flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric saw quit,
and now his ancient pickup truck refused to start.
While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence.
On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family.
As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree,
touching tips of the branches with both hands.
When opening the door, he underwent an amazing transformation.
His tanned face was wreathed in smiles,
and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.
Afterward he walked me to the car.
We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me.
I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.
"Oh, that's my trouble tree," he replied.
"I know I can't help having troubles on the job,
but one thing's for sure,
troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and the children.
So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home.
Then in the morning I pick them up again."
"Funny thing is," he smiled,
"when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up,
there ain't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before."
Caleb on his Rocking Lambie -- Autumn '97 *_*
If you wish to post it on your homepage,
please link it back to:
ALL our Celebrations!
Happy New Year!
Happy JANUARY, Celebrate LIFE....
St. Patrick's Day
Happy MAY *_*
Happy JUNE -- Happy Birthday, USS MARYLAND *_*
War Memoirs...a work in progress
WWII Blue Star Banners... *_*
Mysterious Fathoms Below - Submarine Page
The Statue of Liberty
Freedom is Never Free
A Letter to My Fellow Americans
A Letter to the Terrorists
Fear None But GOD
Our POW/MIA Page
Happy Flag Day!
Tribute to Ronald W. Reagan
And, just for FUN...do the DUBYA *_*
Happy AUGUST *_*
Back to SCHOOL!
A Chick Tract Trick-or-Treat TREAT *_*
Hanukkah - What Would JESUS Do? Christmas 2003
The Light of the World is JESUS -- CHRISTMAS '99
A Candy Cane Christmas -- CHRISTmas Y2K
A Gingerbread Man Christmas -- CHRISTmas '98
'Twas the Sub Before Christmas
Christmas Vacation 2000